Sunday, May 18, 2008

Tan Lines

I am not one to sit out in the sun to get a tan. I tend to burn more than tan to begin with, and I have seen some older women and men who have been sun worshipers in their younger days and their skin now looks like wrinkly leather. I like my fair skin, maybe someday whiteness will be admired as it was back in the old days, when the rich people were fair and white because they didn't have to toil in the sun. Anyway, I noticed today in the van on the way to church that I have tan lines across the backs of both of my hands. I was a little confused at first, but then I realized that that is where my jacket sleeves hit my hands and I have spent a lot more time outdoors this spring than I usually do with all the walks I have taken the dog for. Hopefully before these lines become too obvious, jacket weather will be a thing of the past, and I can start working on my farmer tan ;)

Oh and by the way, I got my new phone yesterday! I got the Samsung m510, in green, ooh la la.

No comments: