Friday, March 17, 2006

food

I can't imagine having to plan and cook supper meals 7 days a week. Because of Jason's personal routines and my work schedule we only plan and cook 3 suppers a week. Well usually Jason does most of that cooking unless I am not at work. On the other 4 nights...well let's see....Sundays we usually have a big lunch and don't have much supper, then on the other three nights it's usually just kind of a fend for yourself thing. Sometimes we eat easy to cook things like chicken strips or just make sandwiches and others I pick up a sub or something on the way home from work. We usually plan our 3 together meals a few days in advance and I love those days. Not only do I appreciate coming home to a cooked meal on the table, I enjoy that conversation and watching Jeopardy. I think if we had to really plan and cook 7 suppers a week that there would be a lot of 'easy' foods like kraft dinner or lipton sidekicks. Tomorrow night we are cooking Japanese chicken drumsticks (it's supposed to be chicken wings, but drumsticks were cheaper), brown rice and having a salad. And Monday night we have already talked about doing souvlaki, but the rest of the meal is undecided. I got a nice recipe at work for a crockpot lasagne that we have talked about trying soon...mmm lasagne. I love food!

No comments: