Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Why oh why...

can they never find a vein in my arm when I need to have blood taken for blood tests? Last night I stopped eating after supper with the intention of fasting for my blood work today. I went down there this morning and didn't have to wait too long. I got in and she dug in a needle, then poked it around under my skin looking for a vein. Then after a while she pulled it out and said she would try a different spot on my arm. She managed to get a little bit out of one vein but then either the needle slipped out, or went through it or something and it stopped bleeding. She wasn't sure if she would have enough blood to test for what my doctor had wanted. Before she went to check if it was enough another nurse stopped by our little cubicle and asked if my nurse would come over there when she was finished. Luckily it turned out that it was enough blood, so no more poking and digging around in my veins. When I was on my way out I peeked sideways into the cubicle that the girl had needed help at and noticed that the woman having the blood taken had blood running down her arm....maybe they could have used her excess had mine not been enough :P I think it is good that I am not squeemish or too easily grossed out, because I think all that digging around in my arm would have been enough to make someone pass out who was easily grossed out.

No comments: