Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Some good news and some bad news...

My sister had her first ultrasound today and I got to see a picture of the little baby. It was so exciting to see because at this point, the baby is small enough that you can see the whole body on the picture. It looked like the baby was trying to suck his thumb but it hadn't quite gotten to the mouth yet. Or maybe it was just giving us all a thumbs up :) They decided to find out the gender of the baby, and unlike a lot of people I know who have found out, they ARE telling people what they are having. It will be another nephew for Jason and I. It is exciting, I think a girl may have been fun, but I think it will be nice for James to have a little brother. Yay for being an auntie again!

Got some bad news today....apparently mom and dad started smoking again today. However, my sister finally told them that she wouldn't be bring James over unless either they smoked outside or quit again. Because their house is just so stinky, and even when I go there for an hour or so I come out with eyes burning and usually a headache. *sigh* I know that my parents are very sensitive and I really hope that this will not drive a wedge into the family. I know that my parents just adore James, and what better reason to quit?? I dunno, I will keep praying and hopefully they will see the light. I thought for sure, with them flushing the tobacco down the toilet that they were super serious.....*sigh*

No comments: