Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What is new in my life....

My husband is leaving me. Not permanently, but he is leaving Thursday afternoon to go ice fishing and returning Sunday afternoon. This will be the first time that he has left me at home by myself. I have done it to him a few times already and I think it'll be awfully quiet around here without him. Anyone wanna do something this weekend??

It has been a little slow at work this month. Last week wasn't too bad, however I am on call today and if nothing comes up before that I am only going to go in for 3:30 pm and I have one appointment booked at 5:15pm. I hope things start picking up, and that my regulars who were going to wait until the new year to book have not forgotten about me.

I bought myself a new pillow yesterday. After waking up a few times in the last few months with a kinked up back/neck I bought myself a memory foam, contoured pillow. It is definitely different than what I am used to, but I think it will help. I will give it a week or so to see if it will make much of a difference, hopefully it will not be a bad thing.

On February 12th, 2006 I am taking my very first continuing education (CE) course in massage therapy. Being registered we have a certain requirement to meet in CE credits every few years so I figured why not get started on it. I am still within the grace period allowed by the association (two years after graduating), but it sounded like an interesting course. It is a one day seminar on some new techniques and assements for treating shoulder pain. I have quite a few clients who have shoulder pain and I think that this could be beneficial. I hope so as these courses are not cheap. I found out yesterday that one of my former classmates from massage school is going to Maui to take a CE course! That would be nice....mmm Maui. Oh well, I'll have to settle for the Sheraton Cavalier in Saskatoon ;)

No comments: