Saturday, November 26, 2005

Jay and I went to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire today. It was alright, not spectacular. I really enjoyed the book, and because the book is around 800 pages long the 2 and a half hour long movie did not really do the book justice. I found that because I knew the plot already, that it made sense to me. However, Jay, who had never read the book was left with an awful lot of unanswered questions. I think that the book was scarier. I guess that is the fun part of reading, using your imagination to picture the scenes and characters. At the end of the book, when Voldemort returns, I found that quite disturbing in the book, and only marginally scary in the movie. I am sure I will continue watching the subsequent Harry Potter movies but I think that they will all be disappointing as the last 2 have been. I was thinking about Lord of the Rings. And even though those are incredibly long and detailed books, I think they managed to make a coherent telling of those stories through the three movies. They did leave a lot out, but it all still made sense. Now I want to reread the Goblet of Fire again....and pick out all the discrepencies. Maybe I'll do that.

No comments: