Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Baby things!

I ordered a crib and a dresser from Ikea for the baby's room last Tuesday, and they arrived today!  I would take a picture, but for those who are unfamiliar with Ikea, their products come in a million pieces, in big flat boxes, and have to be assembled piece by piece.  So all you would get is a photo of some boxes.  I will definitely take a photo once they are put together though!  I was fully expecting to have those boxes sitting in our living room for the next week and a half until Easter weekend when my father-in-law and I plan to assemble them.  However, the delivery guy today was willing to haul them downstairs when Jay asked if he could.  So that was nice :)

I also bought a stroller today!  Eeek!  I have been doing a lot of research on strollers, and from what I have read and been told, it seems that a lot of people end up buying a few strollers and selling them, before they find one that they really like.  I don't know if I will like this one, but it seems like a really nice stroller for the price, and it is compact and light weight, which I think is ideal for us.  I got the stroller from a lady on Kijiji who bought it a couple of years ago, and other than a bit of wear the on the wheels, it looks like it is in excellent shape.  It is a Baby Jogger City Mini.  From what I have read, I should be able to get the universal car seat adapter and should be able to use it to hold the infant bucket seat until the baby is big enough to sit in the stroller.  I feel like I am not sure how much we will get out to places that it would be convenient to use a stroller, when the baby is really little, so I will probably hold off on getting the adapter until I feel like it is something that would be worth the money.

Last night, as we were going to sleep, baby girl was bouncing around in my belly, so I quickly told Jay to give me his hand, and for the first time he got to feel a kick from the outside :)  Pretty awesome!

No comments: