Friday, March 23, 2012

That was easy

After spending the afternoon on Wednesday washing and cleaning the inside of my car, I posted an ad for it on Kijiji Wednesday evening and it was sold last night.  I have to say I feel a little bit sad to say goodbye to my car.  I am breathing a sigh of relief, as the rust was a real concern, and I know it was the right decision.  I think why I feel sad has more to do with the fact that I am sure it is going to be driven into the ground by the person who purchased it.  I had to cringe a little when I handed over the key last night for him to start it, and they cranked it and held it a little too long so there was some grinding/squealing.  Then they revved the heck out of the engine, which seemed unnecessary.  I let them take it for a test drive, and who knows what they were doing with it while they were gone.  However, since they paid me, I need to not care how it is driven.

Now comes the task to get out and do a bunch of test driving and figure out what I would like to drive.  Then try to find something that falls within our price range.  I am really not sure what I would like, but am hoping to narrow it down with some test drives in the next week.  I hope to find a car that we will keep for years to come.

No comments: