Sunday, January 15, 2012

Six and a half more weeks!

Only another month and a half until I move home!  I am getting pretty excited!  Especially after waking up to six inches of snow on the ground this morning.  I am not looking forward to driving to work tomorrow, but hopefully by then the snow on the roads will be a little packed so I don't get stuck.

I have been slowly working away at getting ready for working at home.  In December I got a 'real' cell phone.  Up until now I have been on a prepaid plan which did not allow any features like voice mail, call display or texting.  I ended up going with the LG Rumor 2 and only signed on for a one year contract because it was super cheap.  I am hoping that maybe in a year there will be more phones that interest me.  And if not I suppose I will stick with this one.

At the beginning of this month I got my business license.  I decided to apply early because I didn't know how long it would take, and would rather have that out of the way.  I have to say it was kind of exciting to get that piece of paper in the mail.  I also ordered some business cards, gift certificates, return address labels and a self inking stamp from Vistaprint.ca!  I think that they have some really nice templates to choose from and are very reasonably priced.  When I ordered business cards for my current location, I ordered from Globe Printing and they were at least $200 for 1000 cards, and I remember getting a better deal because my coworker and I ordered our cards at the same time.  For all the stuff I ordered online plus shipping it was under $150.

I have been dreaming up decor ideas for my office as well.  Yesterday I picked up a nice dark wicker vase to sit on the floor with some sort of tall twigs or flowers or something in it.  Initially after I chose the green for my walls I was thinking of doing orange as an accent colour.  But I was finding that it's hard to find things in the same/right shade of orange.  So, after collecting a few decor pieces I thought maybe I would go with a green/brown/white colour scheme (which just happens to go with my new business cards as well!) possibly with a few pops of colour.  I still need to figure out which of Jay's photos I would like to hang and I would like to find some sort of a smallish side table to set a lamp, a business card holder, possibly a kleenex box, and maybe for clients to set their jewelry/glasses, etc on.

Next up on my to do list is to start working on the letter that I plan to send out to my clients with my new contact info.  I have been pleased with the positive feedback I have gotten from my clients about my move.  I hope they will follow through on their talk of coming to see me at home.  Thirty two more work days until I get to move home!  Yippee!!

No comments: