Sunday, June 05, 2011

I didn't miss it!

Every year, well maybe not every year....but there have been a few years that I have wanted to check out the MCC Sale in Saskatoon.  I remember going once or twice as a kid and looking at the quilts and eating watermelon and roll kuchen.  I remember looking at the imported goods from Ten Thousand Villages and buying farmer sausage.

I have not been since I was probably 10 or 11 years old and each year around the middle of June I say, "Hey, I should see when the MCC sale is and check it out this year."  Every year it seems like when I think of it, the sale was the previous weekend.  My dad mentioned to me this morning that the sale is one NEXT WEEKEND!  Yay, I haven't missed it!  Maybe it is not as fun as I remember, but I think I will have to go check it out next weekend.  It is on Friday evening and Saturday and after finding it on their website I see there is even a fun run called the Menno Mile....haha.

2 comments:

Lyn said...

when would you be going (fri? sat?) I had heard it was next weekend....

Angie said...

Jay's parents are planning to come up this weekend and I think we would check it out on Saturday. If you google search for MCC Saskatchewan there is a website with details about the schedule. I think it is only on until 2:30pm on Saturday, so I imagine it would be best to try and go fairly early in the day.