Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's a boy!

My latest knitting project has been for my coworker, who is expecting a baby in August.  I am working on making a baby sized sampler afghan for her little one.  She went for her 20 week ultrasound today and was able to find out that it is a boy.  I had chosen six colours for the blanket and one of the colours was pink (the others are yellow, blue, orange, green and white).  I was thinking of either eliminating the pink all together, or possibly replacing it with purple, which seems a little more gender neutral.  So far I am happy with the results of my knitting.  I am doing different knit patterns for each colour, so every square is different.  I think it will be fun when it all comes together.  I just need to keep plugging away at it, so I am not rushing to try and finish it when the baby comes.  I figured if I started soon enough that it shouldn't be too much of a struggle to get it finished on time.

No comments: