Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I am 30!

It may be a week late, but last Tuesday was my 30th birthday. I am okay with being 30, it's just a number, and I truely believe that how you feel is much more important than a number.

I feel blessed to have been able to spend time with some dear friends and family in the days around my birthday. I had a lovely lunch with Karen, my sister and dad and nephew, coffee with Arleen, and supper out with my hubby on the actual day. I was also happy to have a birthday party for the first time in about 10 years. Unfortunately I was born in a month with very unpredictable weather, and more than half of the invitees to the party ended up not being able to make it because of high winds and snow. However, I was thankful that a few were willing to risk the elements to share the evening with us.

Jay planned a lovely evening that started with supper out at the Samurai. It was fun and delicious as always! I decided to have the beef tenderloin and I have to say it may have been the best steak I have ever had in a restaurant! Yum, it was so good! Then we came back to our house, where there was originally supposed to be some extra people join us for a total of 18 people. But with the elements, we ended up with a grand total of 7 people. We had a fun time playing Apples to Apples and eating baked brie, chips, veggies and dip and birthday cake. We had a TON of cake left over, but it's so tasty that we have been working on it through the week and I don't mind one bit. Though my butt might not need anymore ;)

No comments: