Saturday, July 24, 2010

P90X - Grad Pictures and Final Thoughts

These pictures come a week late as we just got back from a week away in Edmonton and Jasper (stay tuned for that blog coming soon!).

I finished up my 90 day journey last Saturday with an attempt to do a 10k run. I got a terrible cramp after about 3k and had to walk back. That is only the second time that has happened to me. Usually if I get a cramp in my side it is minor and I can push through it. But this and the one other time I would stop running and as soon as I ran three or four steps I had the intense pain right back. So I was a little disappointed that my day 90 was a bit of a lighter work out, but I finished it!

I can't believe how quickly 90 days went by! I got Jason to take my final pictures last weekend as we were getting ready to head out on holidays and he kindly did the compilation photos for me so I could show you the final results.

Ta Da!





My final stats looked like this:
Weight 135lb (down 5lbs)
Body fat percentage 21% (down 8%)
Measurements:
Bust 31 3/4" (down 1 1/4")
Waist 28" (down 3")
Hips 38 1/4" (down 3/4")
Right Thigh 22" (down 1/2")
Left Thigh 21 3/4" (down 1/2")
Right Bicep 11" (up 3/4")
Left Bicep 11 1/4" (down 1/4")

That makes a total of 5lbs and 6 inches lost! I am very pleased with the results. I am fitting into pants that were snug a few months ago and I can indeed do a few push ups from my toes. I still can't get my heels on the ground when doing downward dog and am still working towards holding crane for more than 2 seconds during yoga but I am a lot more physically fit and flexible than I was before I started.

I remember before I started the program looking at snippets of the different work outs online and feeling that I could never do it. I definitely did a lot of modifying during my 90 days but I did it! It is an intense program, but I really do think that anyone who is at any level of fitness can do it. If you are a complete exercise newbie you will be more sore than you have ever been. But after a couple of weeks your body will start to adapt and get stronger and as that happens you will not be as sore. You will still be sore, but it gets to be more manageable. As Tony Horton says throughout most of the videos, do your best and forget the rest. If you give it all you are able to give you will get stronger and be able to do more next time.

My next plan involves starting another round of P90X once I am done holidays. I am thinking this time I will replace the cardio days with running to help prepare for the 10k I have coming up on August 15th. After that I may do some running and do some of the P90X cardio as well. I think having gone through the entire program once that next time I may not be as anal about it. I would like to keep up with working out five to six days per week, but if I do the work outs in a different order, or replace some with some Jillian Michaels or other work out videos I won't be too concerned.

No comments: