Friday, March 26, 2010

*Pats self on back*

As I have mentioned in previous posts, at the start of this year I started working out. It took me a month or two to get into the swing of things, but in the last few weeks I have found myself working out six days per week. I feel better when I work out. I have more energy and I feel good overall.

In the last three months I have had Jason take progress pictures of me every six weeks. Yesterday he did my third set of pictures. I have to say I am happy with the changes I see in my body. I would say in general I feel that my legs and tummy feel a lot firmer but I don't notice a HUGE difference. I have maybe lost a couple of pounds and have really only lost a couple of inches (a little around the waist and a little around my hips). I don't really notice a huge change in the way my clothes fit me, but I am happy with my results.

What I have noticed, other than more firmness is an increase in my overall strength. I am able to do WAY more repetitions of the exercises that I could hardly do at the start of January. I can do 30 pushups from my knees and at the start I could only do about 5, while struggling. I am hoping to someday be able to do pushups from my toes, but I know that will take a lot more upper body strengthening. I have also noticed an improvement in my flexibility. I have always been VERY inflexible. I tend to notice it the most in my hamstrings. I used to not be able to sit up straight on the ground with my legs out in front of me without either bending my knees or leaning back. Now I can sit with a 90 degree bend in my hips. It might not sound like much, but I am proud of it. I also notice an improvement in my overall cardiovascular endurance. I can do a reasonable length of pretty intense cardiovascular activity without feeling totally winded.

I am a little (or maybe a lot) apprehensive about sharing my progress pictures on the internet. However, after showing them to a friend of mine and her saying that it was inspirational for her, I thought I would share them with the hopes of inspiring others to choose a healthier lifestyle. I will admit that I haven't been watching what I eat as much as I should, but I am still getting results so I am happy.



2 comments:

Karen said...

Yay for Angie!

LJE said...

woot! looking great, girl! I can notice it in your upper legs for sure as well as the parts you mentioned! :)