Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Congrats to my mom!

My mom just got a call that she has been hired for a full time position starting next week! My mom lost her job of 15 years in 2004 and after a brief stint working for a competing book fair company she has been unemployed since then. Last year she decided to finally look into getting some additional training as she didn't have many computer skills and had been out of the workforce for a few years. She decided to take a medical office assistant course and enjoyed it thoroughly. She finished her course in November and has applied for a few jobs since then. The one that she got hired for is actually in the same building where I work, for a group of ob/gyns, so maybe her and I will do lunch now and again. I am very proud of her, and excited for her to get back out in the work force!

No comments: