Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Girl's Night Out Part 2

Last night was our work Christmas party. I only work with two other girls, so it's nice and quiet. We decided this year to go to Saba's for supper then go bowling. It was a fun night (other than the fact it was -40C with the windchill last night! YUCK!)! I have never been to Saba's and it was quite a unique experience. It is Ethiopian food. I had no idea what to expect from it, but was delicious. Since Mieka was the only one of the three of us who had ever been there, we let her order for us. She recommended a meat and vegetable sample platter (it sort of looked like this, though not all the food looked the same, but I notice there is a hard boiled egg in the middle and ours had that!), so we were able to sample a good number of things. I don't know exactly what half of the stuff we ate was, but it did taste good! I was surprised that you are given rolled up crepe-like pancakes called 'injera' and you rip of small pieces of them and use it to pick up your food instead of a fork. The injera is a little spongier than a typical crepe and tastes like sourdough. It is quite filling. I loved the sauce on the chicken and beef. It is called berbere sauce and it is super yummy and spicy!

After supper we braved the cold and headed to the bowling alley. We played a couple of games of ten pin and let me tell you, Wii bowling is MUCH easier than real ten pin bowling. I can't remember the last time I actually bowled, and I pretty much sucked. I think I maybe got 60 or 70 points in both games. But it was fun and nice to hang out with the girls from work. Tomorrow we are doing our cookie exchange at work and I look forward to trying all the wonderful goodies!! I love food :)

No comments: