Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I did it!

I got the H1N1 shot today. So far all I have is a sore arm, otherwise I feel fine (except for the headache I have had since yesterday that won't go away!). I was talking about it with a coworker and she is going on a holiday out of province around the time that the 'at risk' people are starting to be immunized. She wanted to get it in her system before going on an airplane and before coming into contact with her pregnant sister.

We went to the Idylwyld Centre and were able to get vaccinated. I think the set up they have there was mainly just supposed to be for the staff in the building, but we were told we could get one and even after telling them that I was an RMT that works in a different medical building they gave us the shot.

I have a feeling that there is going to be quite the frenzy when the vaccine becomes available to the general public. It just seems to me that as each day goes by there is more and more talk about people who are infected or people who know people who are infected. I looked up the locations for public immunizations and Jay is set to head down to Prairieland Park on the first day it is available at 9:00am because they open at 10am. Hopefully he won't have to wait in line too long.

No comments: