Friday, July 31, 2009

Suggestions?

I am in the market for a used car. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for specific brands, models or years of cars that are great. I would also like to know why the car is great. We cannot afford something new, and I would prefer to get something that's a few years old that has a good number of nice options (vs something newer that is a base model).

I am just finding that I have a lot of preconceived notions about certain brands or models of cars, and maybe they are completely unfounded. I have tried reading some reviews online for some cars, but there is only so much you can read before it just gets repetitive. We would prefer to buy from a dealership rather than privately. I think there is just a lot more chance of getting screwed over privately. I know you will probably pay a little more at a dealership, but that is our choice.

Any thoughts on 'used car lots'? I would probably stay away from the ones on 22nd St, but we did browse through Bridge City Auto Sports today and didn't find anything too exciting, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any other reputable ones?

No comments: