Thursday, July 02, 2009

A different idea

Jay had a good chat with his friend Paul about traveling the other day. Paul is also a quadriplegic and has traveled a fair bit since he has been in a wheelchair. He has been on a cruise, has done an all inclusive resort and most recently him and his wife and their two daughters went to Hawaii this past spring. He had a LOT of nice things to say about Maui. I have been doing some research and am liking what I see.

I mentioned the idea of Hawaii to one of my clients today and she suggested a website where you can look for vacation rental condos/houses so I found the website online. It is Vacation Rentals by Owner and there are a LOT of listings on there. There are places for rent almost every place in the world (well except for Saskatchewan, haha). I like the idea of renting a condo rather than a hotel room. You would have access to a full kitchen in most of them, and some of them even have laundry facilities on site. I am not sure what the advantage of staying in a hotel would be for the same cost as a condo. I would much rather have access to a fridge and stove to prepare at least some meals. I suppose in a hotel they change your sheets more often?

Out of curiosity I was looking at rentals in Orlando near Disney World. There were a lot of houses that said they slept up to 12 people. I think that might not be a bad idea for traveling with another couple, or if two families with kids wanted to go to Disney World. Seems a lot easier than staying in a hotel with little kids.

No comments: