Thursday, June 04, 2009

Casablanca

I will admit that I have been watching a lot of movies lately. I have been in the mood for sappy romantic movies. I decided to check out Casablanca. I had never seen it, and I am not sure if I have ever watched a movie from that early on (1942). I don't generally find that I care much for black and white movies. I would say that I enjoyed it, but didn't love it. I think that movies back then were a little slower moving than ones today. We have very short attention spans these days and need to be wowed to keep watching. I also found that I didn't feel as emotionally drawn to some of the characters like I am in more modern movies.

The thing that really stood out to me in this movie was Ingrid Bergman's nose. Haha, not to be mean, but she has a pretty big nose. I found it refreshing to see someone who had not had a nose job, and who actually had some curves on her body. Not a skinny little bean pole. I thought it was funny how every time she was on the screen, they used some sort of softening filter, and shone bright lights in her eyes to make them sparkle.

No comments: