Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dinner Rush

My sister invited me to her Dinner Rush party that was last night a few weeks ago. I had never heard of Dinner Rush before this. It is a meal assembly centre. You go to their website and pick which meals you would like to make (they have a menu of about 12 meals that changes each month), then you go there and assemble them and take them home and put them in the freezer and you have premade, easily cooked dinners available to you for a fairly reasonable price. We got 10 meals for $140. Technically for $140 you get five meals, but they are in portions for 4-6 people. So for two of us we were able to split most of the meals into two meals, therefore getting 10 meals for $140. You go there and all the prep work is done. You just go to the various stations and read the easy to follow instructions to assemble the meal. Some were as simple as mixing the ingredients of a marinade/sauce for a slow cooker roast then pouring it into a Ziploc bag with the roast and sealing it up. Others were quite a bit more involved, like spinach and cheese stuffed manicotti and sausage stuffed green peppers. It took me about an hour and a half to assemble my five meals. I haven't tasted the food yet, but it all looked really good. The way that they are assembled, it allows you to add extra spices, or leave out ingredients if you don't like them. If the food is half as good as it looks, I don't think that'll be my last trip to that place. We will be trying the stuffed manicotti for supper Monday and I am looking forward to it!

No comments: