Tuesday, July 04, 2006

July Long Weekend

After going to two funerals last week (I think before that I had only ever been to 4 in my life), it was nice to have a pretty relaxing weekend. We spent the majority of the weekend at Lac Pelletier half an hour south of Swift Current. Jay's parents just got a new mobile home moved in this spring as a more permanent cabin for them and let me tell you it's beautiful. It is 4 feet wider than the old one, a few feet longer and much much newer. It is so spacious that it feels like another home more than a cabin.

Friday night there was quite the thunder storm which knocked out the power. Not too big of a problem except for the fact that we were outside and needed power for the wheelchair lift at the cabin. So Jay and I went down to the beach in the van to watch the thunder storm and see if the power would come back on. We waited until the rain stopped and decided that we just didn't know how long the power would be out, so Dale and I managed to haul Jay up the steps and into the cabin for the night. I think the power came on about 40 minutes or so after we got Jay into the cabin.

Saturday was Canada day. The weather was quite hot (I have learned my lesson and put on sunscreen and didn't burn! ha!), and we went down to the beach, got some ice cream, had steak for supper and saw some fireworks in the evening (mostly Roman Candles tho :P). Then Sunday it was again a lovely day, so we went down to the lake and Jay went for a swim which was fun!

Oh yeah, and Jay and I made friends with a dog. There were people camped in a field in front of the cabin in a 5th wheel trailer. We barely saw anyone there the whole weekend and this dog was tied up outside the whole time. I felt bad for the poor thing so I went over and held out my hand to her to see if she was friendly, and she held out her paw to me to shake my hand. After a couple of visits I managed to look at her tags and found out her name is Piper. She was a sweet dog...*sigh* makes me want one of my own!

While we were away my sister had some pretty intense false labour (she is due on the 15th of this month). I tried calling her this afternoon and she wasn't there, so who knows. There could be a new baby any time now! I'll keep you posted!

No comments: