Sunday, March 26, 2006


The wedding yesterday was just lovely :) I like weddings. I think it is neat to experience them now that I have experienced my very own wedding. It definitely gives you a different perspective when you have been on the other side of the camera. You understand that potential stresses, sleep deprivation, and all the other things that go along with the special day. It was good to catch up with some old friends, and just seeing some of the people I used to go to church with that I haven't seen in a few years. It was a good time!

When we got home last night mom and dad's number was on our phone. I just got a feeling that it wasn't a good thing because usually at 9:30pm on Saturday they are playing cards with my aunts and uncles. I called back and mom informed me that they had just gotten home from the hospital. Apparently she passed out in the car in the parking lot at Poverino's (they were on their way for supper with my aunt and uncle) due to insulin shock. My mom is a diabetic and when you get too much insulin in your system and not enough sugar your body goes into shock and you can pass out. So dad called 911 and she was taken to the hospital and they gave her sugar and monitored her for a couple of hours and sent her home. She said it was a pretty good wake up call for her because she doesn't monitor her sugar levels enough with her glucometer. I am glad she is okay!

No comments: