Friday, December 16, 2005

A new game

For Christmas this year Arleen bought Jay and I a new game. I had never heard of it before. It is called Carcassonne and it's the Hunters and Gatherers edition. Jay and I played for the first time yesterday and it was fun! Definitely need some work on the strategy, but I think playing for the first time was just about getting the rules and scoring down. I think the game is by the same people who created Settlers of Catan, but it seems a fair bit more simple. And I have heard that anyone who loves Settlers will like this game. When we got home on Wednesday from getting this gift from Arleen, I opened it up and read the rules and they were quite intimidating. There is just a lot of different scoring and a lot of long explanations that made a lot more sense once you were playing. I think probably after playing one or two more times we will be able to set the rules aside and just play. The suggested time for playing it is 30-45 minutes on the box and last night we were at it for an hour and a half. But it is fun, and I think it might be interesting with more than two people, but it is a great game for two, which Settlers is not. Anyway....just thought I would share that it is a fun game :) If anyone wants to play a new and interesting game give us a call!

No comments: